Why should I book Avodah for my wedding photography?
Here at Avodah, we have the unique ability of being able to combine both photography and design skills. For weddings, this means that we don't only take the photographs but can also display them in ways that enhance the images and create the ultimate 'WOW' factor.
To us, your wedding is way more than just taking photographs, filming or designing cards. We want your day to be better and even more memorable because we are there.
When Avodah captures a wedding there is always two highly professional, award winning photographers, working in their specialist area to deliver you a variety of perspectives on the wedding day. This means you will receive creative and contemporary photography in a variety of perspectives.
Do you offer a "try before you buy"?
Yes! We understand the importance of an engagement shoot for our wedding clients, that is why we would like to extend to you an offer. If you book us as your wedding photographers we will photograph you at an engagement shoot, for free – a value of $300! This deal includes photographing time, preparation work, travel, editing and an online gallery to view, share and purchase your prints.
Why should I do an engagement shoot?
Romance is in the air and the anticipation of a lifetime together comes to a crescendo in the fleeting weeks leading up to your wedding, causing you to wonder: Is an engagement shoot really necessary? After all, don??™t the wedding pictures represent the beginning of our lives together?
At Avodah, we believe having an engagement photo session is important for several reasons. First, this time allows you, as a couple, to get comfortable in front of the camera with your photographer, and figure out how you work best together before the main event.
Next, you can showcase your personalities in a more casual setting, while creating some fun, memorable images for wall portraits, your wedding sign-in book, guest signature board and Thank You cards (shot early enough, we can also provide the images for your Save the Date cards and invitations).
Engagement portraits also add another dimension to your wedding album, chronicling your story from fiancees to husband and wife. Best of all, you can remember this special time forever with personal memories of just the two of you, away from the throngs of loved ones and friends.
Do you sell the disc of images?
Absolutely! We will provide you with a USB drive containing all of your final imagery and a private printing release that allows you to print your images at your leisur, if you book with one of our Diamond or Platinum Collections. The quality of your images WILL be affected depending on where you get your images printed, so included in our printing release are our professional recommendations for the highest print quality and durability over the years.
Why should I get canvases from you?
We wanted to outline the benefit of purchasing canvases through us. When you place your canvas order, we want you to look your best when your face is blown up 25 times the size of a 4x6 print. Each canvas order gets hand-held through the entire ordering process, unlike the common consumer lab that just want to get the print out as fast as possible. We're going to edit the image according to the size you are print it; this way we can make sure everything is the best quality it can be.
All of our canvases are ordered from a professional print lab, not a consumer lab, and we work together to ensure that your canvas is absolutely perfect so that in 10 years time your print looks as amazing as the day you got it. We do all the work and you enjoy the benefit. A canvas is a great way to output your amazing images, it displays your artwork in ways that showcase it as best as it can be.
How do I order a canvas?
To choose the images for your canvas:
1. Go to your online gallery at www.avodah.co.nz
2. Load an image that you want and add it to your favourites (under the thumbnails or when the image is fully load it is located up the top left). Note you can view and edit your favourite images by going to My Account > My Favourites
3. Repeat the process for each additional canvases. If you are printing on a variety of sizes, we will contact with you finalise those details later.
4. Email us at email@example.com to let us know that you have finished selecting your images as well as the address you would like the canvases mailed to.
7. Expect 3-4 weeks for your canvases to arrive.
Why is the album so expensive?
What better way to say thank you then giving an album that effectively captures those special wedding moments. These albums will make your precious memories unforgettable allowing you to reflect and share for many years to come.
Your wedding album is the one item that you will have left from your wedding day for generations to come to share the story of your wedding day. It's not quite the same having your children or grandkids looking at 1,000 of your wedding images on Facebook. Our albums are built to stand the test of time, and years from now your album will be perfectly preserved so your kids and grandkids can pile on your lap and see the day that you two shared when you got married. We take into account the personalized story of your day and custom design it to tell that story. This is a piece of family history that you will have for forever.
How do I order an album?
Here is some information for you in regards to your album and how to go about making it exactly the way you want it. The great thing about your album design is you have full control over what images you would like in the album and the story you want told. Take a minute to read through this section, as we have tried to include the answers to lot of questions you may have.
1. Please take some time to fill out the form attached in this email. After we receive your album information form and know what images you want us to use, we will design a draft of your album.
2. We have an awesome system that lets you look at your album and make comments on each spread. Once we have drafted your album design it will be uploaded to our website and you will receive an email notifying you of this. At this time, to view your album design, go to www.avodah.co.nz/shop/ and log in or create an account. Next select ‘My Account??™ in the top right corner and then chose ‘Review my Proofs??™. Please note you will only see ‘Review my Proofs??™ when the draft album has been completed.
3. For any image changes, from photos swapped to pages removed - leave the comment on the page you are referring to. Please outline the image you want changed, and the image number of the image that you want it swapped with (get the image number from your online gallery) and make sure to give us an image description (e.g. vertical image of us laughing by the fountain).
While you are viewing the album, there is an Approve and Revise link with a comment box next to each page design. This is where you will approve the file or request a revision. If you request a revision it will require you to leave a comment as to how it needs to be altered. Keep in mind that if you want to take out a vertical image, it requires a vertical image in its place and the same for horizontal images. Otherwise, we will need to re-design the page so it works with the different orientation image (which we can totally do if need be if you can't find a similar image).
It helps us best to leave your comments like this: "Swap top left image with #732 (us dancing by the fountain)". To help keep re-design costs low, it is suggested to swap out images on an album page with an image from your gallery (E.g. “Swap top left image with #732 (us dancing by the fountain)”, as opposed to referencing images from other pages in the album (e.g. “Take the photo from page 12 and swap it with the photo in the upper corner on page 17”).
4. When you submit your comments we will be notified and we'll make the changes that you've requested. The cost of the album includes one round of edits. The way we usually work is we do the major edits, based on your comments and then we show you the revision. We will allow you to make some minor tweaks at this point, but we can't allow any kind of overhaul without charging.
Once you have reviewed all of the files and are fully happy, you can "approve" the pages; at this point you will be prompt to submit the project back to us. When you have, we will then go through and clean up any images if needed (stray hairs, blemishes, etc), and make sure everything is perfect.
5. Let us know which album cover you would like! We have 7 colors of leather available. Black, brown, blue, green, red, white, and pink. The black is always the safest and most popular among our clients since it is timeless, but the other colors look awesome, too! If you want to see some examples of the covers we can provide, please contact us.
6. You automatically receive 20 pages in your album. You can keep as many as you want, or remove as many. Each page over the 20 you receive is $50; please note each page has two spreads (sides).
7. Parent books for family members (exact copies of your album) are a great idea for gifts. If you are interested in this please contact us, we will provide them at a discounted rate because you are purchasing a grand album.
8. Once you approve the final version of the album, we will send you an invoice for any additional album pages that you have added.
Lastly we will place the order and the album will take about 6-8 weeks to arrive.
We realize this can be a lot of information to toss at you - but if we stay focused on this, we can get it all wrapped up in a few days. Most of our clients simply swap out a few photos for ones they may prefer, and the album is done swiftly!